SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Tuesday 30th of June 2020
The Organisers of The Plastic Free World Conference invite presenters to submit speaking proposals for the event’s conference, to be held on the 27th & 28th of October 2020.
We encourage proposals from speakers with deep technical and practical expertise in all aspects of plastic waste reduction to submit an entry.
TOPIC AREAS FOR SUBMISSION
Presentations should fit into one of the three topic streams:
- Presentations focusing on innovations with applications in packaging & consumer goods industries
- Presentations focusing on innovations with applications for fashion & textiles industries
- Presentations focused on the development and implementation of biomaterials in any industry application
We are accepting any relevant proposals that may involve, but are not limited to, the following areas:
- Eliminating single-use plastics throughout the supply chain
- Government regulations
- Reducing unnecessary plastics
- How to go plastic-free
- Improving recyclability of products and packaging
- Bio-based materials
- Marine/aquatic clean-up technologies
- Chemical recycling and waste-to-X
- Best practice in deposit refund schemes
- Bio-based feedstocks
- Sustainable materials
- Environmentally friendly fibres
- Plastic substitutes
- Biodegradability testing
- Compostability testing
- Recyclability testing
- Extended Producer Responsibility
- The business case for sustainable products
- Opportunities from capturing the material value of plastics
- Increased use of recycled materials
- New manufacturing solutions
- 100% biodegradable polymers
- Circular economy principles to address plastic pollution
Individual Presentations – 20-MINUTES
Individual talks are 20-minute presentations explaining recent innovations, research, and findings. These individual talks will each be followed by a short 5-minute Q&A and will be grouped together by topic.
Panel Discussion – 30 -MINUTES
Panel discussions provide an analysis of broad industry trends from a variety of angles. These discussions will begin with the moderator providing an overview of the topic, then each panellist will give a short introduction to themselves and their area of topic expertise. The moderator will then move to open discussion with prepared questions and questions from the attendees. If you propose a panel discussion, be prepared to serve as moderator and invite speakers from around the industry. A list of prospective speakers or speaker companies should be included in the proposal.
PROPOSALS THAT WILL BE GIVEN PREFERENCE IN THE REVIEW PROCESS:
- Talks that reveal new ways of thinking about and applying technologies to the plastics debate
- Talks that feature content never seen before and not available online, but has been created specifically for this event
- Real-world examples that show a novel application of technology or illustrate a solution to a technical challenge in an end product, including a detailed discussion of the trade-offs and choices made
- Talks that engage the audience in a highly creative or interactive way
- Legislative talks discussing current and possible future laws governing the production and management of plastic and its alternatives
In general, we look for speakers who are willing to share their knowledge to help design and innovation continue and grow. Proposals that aim to market a specific company or product will not be considered.
CALL-FOR-SPEAKERS SUBMISSION PROCESS
Proposals must be submitted by Tuesday the 30th of June 2020 through this electronic portal or emailing Nicola Cahill directly – All individuals who submit a proposal will be contacted and advised of the status of their submission by the end of June 2020. If selected to speak, all presenters will be required to submit a PowerPoint presentation in PDF form at least one month in advance of the event to ensure guidelines are met.
For more information about attending the event, please visit: www.plasticfree-worldna.com
If you have any questions, please contact Nicola Cahill via firstname.lastname@example.org